Formed in 1990 by industry leaders, SPESA (the Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas) is the largest trade association in the Americas solely devoted to the advancement of suppliers of sewn products machinery, ancillary equipment, parts, services and technology for the sewn products industry. SPESA is an independent, non-profit organization.
Based in Raleigh, North Carolina USA, SPESA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to promoting and protecting the interests and image of the suppliers to the sewn products industry. SPESA speaks for and acts in unison on matters of common interest that affect companies supplying the sewn products industry and the customers they serve. SPESA provides a forum to address the challenges of an ever-changing global marketplace.
The goals and objectives of SPESA are to structure an organization that reflects and promotes the interests and image of its membership, maximize its member involvement in SPESA activities, enhance the knowledge base of its members and customers, optimize trade show value, advance the association globally, and develop standards of excellence for its members.
SPESA’s VISION is to be the leading association serving the common interests and diverse needs of the suppliers to the sewn products industries.
SPESA’s MISSION is to provide its members with the highest quality networking, educational, and marketing opportunities for advancing their businesses within the sewn products industries.
SPESA is an industry association for suppliers to the sewn products industry that includes apparel, upholstered furniture, home textiles, transportation interiors, leather goods, footwear, and industrial textiles. The suppliers are manufacturers and distributors of:
- Machinery, equipment, and related parts and supplies
- Supply Chain solutions
- Other products and services used for the development, manufacture, or distribution of sewn products
- A representative voice on matters that affect its member companies.
- Opportunities for sharing industry-specific and general business information, both for its members and their customers.
- A forum to advance its members’ interests in the global marketplace.
- Opportunities for business and social interaction with other members and industry professionals.
- Marketing vehicles for its members to promote and showcase their products and services.